Hello, I am a Liar

The regions surrounding Nivenhain, ruled by the great ducal families.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Maladan
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1689
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1695

Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:45 am

Thomas looked... pleased. It would be hard to put into words Maladan's relief. He was afraid his words would seem silly, or that he was pushing Thomas too hard, but it looks like it wasn't a valid concern.

What he said to him afterwards sounded very much like Latham. Actually... did he have all the time in the world? He doubted it would be that simple. Plus, when he thought about it, he realized it was a double-edged sword. He'd like to make them both happy, Thomas and Latham. They don't put any pressure on him and give him space, they're sympathetic with who he is and how he has it, which on the one hand pleases him, but on the other strongly encourages his need to reciprocate somehow.

Towards the end of Thomas' monologue, however, Maladan looked like a kid who stole a candy and started looking away, proving that he really needs to work on his poker face. He realized this and took a few deep breaths, trying to control the urge to blush, smirk, or bite his lip.
"Okay. Um... like I said, it started out as healing, but... the problem with my scars is that they're... kind of everywhere. There were hugs, touches, turned into kisses, and... that was it. It ended when my body, and probably his too, started to react and I told him I'd like to just stick with what we're already doing together and not go any further, for now. Then... we said goodbye. He left, which you know. And I played with my scars." ... until I got super tired and went to bed snuggling to his clothes he left there, unable to fall asleep continuously because how soft the bed was. Picking out words? This sounds about right. "It really wasn't more than that. It was... unexpectedly cuddly, but nothing like... sticking some body parts... into other body parts... or touching the body part mentioned... ehm.... Look, I know how to do sex... If you start over birds and bees, I am going to jump over that window." He pointed over the window, leading to the tree just outside the hotel. He had his escape routes picked. Then, he sighed: "I just lack experience and more specific and practical knowledge of the topic, and I am prone to get too nervous about stuff, you know? I want to make it right and good and normal so hard it works against me."
word count: 428
Thomas
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1617
Character Secrets: http://viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1619

Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:07 am

Thomas' lips quirked. It was adorable to see the man so flustered. "Maladan, I'm aware that you're an intelligent adult man. You're inexperienced, not a simpleton. Moreover, to be a healer, you must some knowledge of anatomy, surely. So in light of these simple facts, I will not presume to tutor you about the basics."

He took the other man's hand in his.

"The sort of expertise I'm offering is less intellectual, more pragmatic. Less based in books, also: it would be more of a hands-on learning experience. I'm not sure if you're a tactile learner, but with the sort of subject matter I'm proposing, I'm afraid it's unavoidable. Latham already tutored you a bit. When you're ready, I'd like to take my turn. Also, for the avoidance of doubt: I'm not angry about you and Latham. I'm pleased you two have bonded so readily, and I hope he was a comfort to you after a difficult and traumatic time. You deserve to feel comfortable, and -- I know a bit about having marks on your body that you are ashamed of. For years, I blocked out the reality of my mark, and saw it as a horrifying chemical burn on my thigh. I was so ashamed of it that I refused to fuck anyone except in the dark. I was lucky to have so many understanding lovers, and so many customers who didn't care either way."

"Latham actually made me realize that maybe it wasn't as horrifying as I envisioned. Then, when we were reunited, he was the one who told me it was a Mark, not a burn. So, in a way, he healed me of my scars, too. I'm pleased he was able to do the same for you. For now, though, perhaps we should just practice making polite conversation? If you wish to work on your etiquette, one of the most important skills is the ability to talk about nothing of consequence for long periods of time."
word count: 356
Taelian Edevane
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=286
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152

Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:20 am

Thomas

Lores
Etiquette: Table Manners
Etiquette: Discussing Delicate Matters
Etiquette: Generic Lore x1
Persuasion: Reassuring Hesitant People
Persuasion: Generic Lore x1
Negotiation: Revealing Information Asymmetrically
Negotiation: Generic Lore x1
Rhetoric: Telling the Truth

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A

Maladan

Lores
Etiquette: Table Manners: Teatime
Persuasion: Honesty: Give and Receive
Persuasion: Word Selection
Deception: Silly Poker Face
Deception: Control your Tells
Psychology: Polyamory Feelings
Psychology: Fear of Denial
Seduction: Compliments

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A

Comments: If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let me know.

word count: 101

Return to “The Northern Realms”