Future

The regions surrounding Nivenhain, ruled by the great ducal families.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Taelian Edevane
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=286
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=152

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 pm

Pulling away, he met the other man's eyes, searching for what he could -- hesitation, deception, fear. Things were different already; smoother, warmer. Perhaps, he could hope, everything he had said had been enough for the other man to consider trusting him. That it was worth an attempt.

Thomas Starkwayte.

He paused. Thomas was a handsome name -- it suited him, really. It was charming, sweet and gentlemanly, yet with some boyish flavor that suited the risky endeavors of the other man. Starkwayte was the capital of the Imperium; he imagined that his surname simply meant he was from there? He had to search his mind for Grisic naming conventions, and in truth did not know them. In Lorien, being named after a region or city might have meant that you were its Lord, but as far as he could recall, the Imperator's lineage did not carry that name. He thought nothing of it beyond that; it was a nice name, and he was glad to know it.

"Thomas," he repeated, warmly. He loved his name. 'Ash' would quickly be on its way out. "And I was born Taelian Ela'Rannoch, but... call me Latham. Most people still call me Taelian; I crafted this secondary name to fit in with human society, but so many of my associations with it are linked to you, Thomas. Every time someone called me that, I remembered the sound on your voice. I missed your voice."

He'd pulled away, but he wanted to take the other man's hand, at least. Reaching out, he held it within his own, stroking his thumb over his palm. "It's good to meet you... Thomas. So good," he emphasized, nodding his head heartily as that smile morphed into a wide grin. "Why don't you come home, to Retzen, with me? We can stay in my hotel for the night, and then be gone come the morning. I am a Resoner; we can take one of my Resonances to my home," he said. "Or, if you still loathe magic so, we can take the train. I can't wait for you to see my estate -- you'll believe me a liar. The beds there are fantastic, the furnishings, the food. I finally have a valet, too, and a houseservant who cooks and cleans."

Listing off all of the luxuries he had felt almost gauche, but only as an aftertaste. As he spoke of the way his life had changed, he seemed genuinely glad, and proud. He had made himself the man he always wanted to be.

"I want to know more about you," he added, squeezing his hand gently. "Everything. I want to know what you've done in the time since I've seen you, and what your life has been like, and what you hope to become. There's so much time for us, now. Thomas..." he repeated his name, before peering down, cheeks flushed. "I'm sorry; my joy might be somewhat overbearing, at this moment."
word count: 511
Thomas
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1617
Character Secrets: http://viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1619

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 pm

He felt a pang of guilt for ever doubting Latham's ardor. He hadn't when he was with him, but in the seasons since, he had convinced himself that he was just lovesick and a bit hung up on the idea of the man: the strong, gallant knight who treated him like royalty and fucked like a man possessed. The former, at least, he was not exaggerating. If the man wasn't so earnest it would be too much, but coming from someone who felt what he said so deeply, it was rather charming.

"I look forward to seeing your estate, Latham, I do, but... I'm not sure either mode of transport will suit. If you will deign to use it, we should be to Retzen soon enough, although the route there will be a bit chilly, I think. As a bonus, you'll be reunited with an old friend." And, if you're feeling the way I'm feeling, you can compare the bed in my wagon to the soft ones in your fine estate.

It would not be Thomas' first time staying in the house of a Lord, or the bed of a Lord for that matter, but it would be the first time as himself, and not under an alias, or as a companion for rent. He was fairly certain he'd be fine, however. He knew how to behave himself when on the estate of someone who he wanted to maintain a relationship. Perhaps someday he'd even grow accustomed to it, and he'd be able to kick the habit of pocketing any small valuables that would not be easily missed. Thinking of any future, let alone one of relative luxury where he was dependent on someone, had been anathema for so long, but Thomas had to admit there was a temptation there. He'd keep an eye on the exits and an ear to the ground for any big scores just in case, but in the meantime, Retzen would make as good a base of operations as any.

Thomas boxed up his fake alchemical reagents in their ordinary leather carrying case and gestured to Latham that he was ready to go. "If my Lord Latham would deign to follow me?"
word count: 386
Fortuna

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:08 pm

YOUR REVIEW❊

Tae

Lores
Spycraft: Generic Lore 1
Spycraft: Generic Lore 2
Spycraft: Generic Lore 3
Spycraft: Generic Lore 4
Spycraft: Generic Lore 5

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A

Points 8XP nonmagical

Comments:
"To discover that you were a free-lancing charlatan meant that none of that was true; that, instead, the answer clearly must have been that I was somehow not good enough for you, that I did not satisfy or fulfill you." That one got me good, I wasn't expecting the ending either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas

Lores
Apothecary: Creating brightly colored tinctures
Apothecary: Making perfumes
Design: Making new items appear old
Rhetoric: Inciting Anger
Rhetoric: Speaking eloquently under stress

Loot: 1 set of dubious alchemical reagents
Injuries: N/A

Points 8XP nonmagical

Comments: Oh my, knowing what I do about our upcoming stuff I am very curious where this is going.
word count: 169

Return to “The Northern Realms”