The Longing for Adventure Again...

The regions surrounding Nivenhain, ruled by the great ducal families.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Oliver
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2078
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2099

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:18 am

4th Searing, 4622

“Eric! Err, could you come down stairs…” He asked.

Oliver had just come home from work with a handful of paperwork at the University of Gothenburg, although he was tired and flustered due to the contents of the library there. Each day passed, he started to wonder if he would ever pick up the handle for adventure again.

Mundane life always got in the way, but he had everything. Loving husband, perfect accommodation and a caste within Lorien’s society. What was not so great to ask for? For Oliver, those things didn’t even matter, he’d usually be fine with sleeping in a cave or aboard a ship that gave everyone seasick.

He sighed once again, knowing Eric was probably engineering something with concentration and precision; he exhaled through his nose for a moment with longing in his eyes and frustration, taking a look upstairs and wondering what the tinkerer husband was doing. Creating another hollow or a useless contraption, or another party prank?

“I figured you’d be excited for me to be home…” He sat down for a moment, as he heard a click from a device, he looked in pure mystery as he took a moment to realize the silence, until the sudden winding of gears could be heard, a few artificed mice that made Oliver suddenly jump up.

“Eeekk!” He screamed, almost feminine-like in quality, there was a distinctive look of terror on his face as Eric knew that he feared something a little more than Dranoch or Undead. His nemesis of fear was indeed a tiny little four legged rodent known as mice; it was unusual but it was his most unpredictable and yet trivial fear that anyone could come across. Eric came from the curtain he was hiding, laughing as if he couldn’t help himself. Yet, Oliver was unamused as his eyes initiated an icy glare towards his husband’s direction

“I knew that would get you, Oli…”

“Be lucky I didn’t have my rifle…” He said, disgruntled from a hard day’s work. The prank made his mood slightly worse as his shoulders tightened, before pacing back and forth slightly.

“What, it’s not like we have Dranoch in these parts…”

“You clearly have no idea how capable people are blending in, better be cautious than sorry in my best opinion…” He spoke rather seriously in tone, as if something was wrong. Eric saw through his sadness, knowing that life at the university wasn’t easy, especially when it came to the students, teachers and other grounds of colleagues.

“Why not just tell me what’s the matter?”

“Sod today… I just had a bad day, that's all.”

“I know something went wrong…”

“Well, I wasn’t sacked from my job, that’s the good news. The bad news is library shenanigans turned badly.”

“Showing off again?” Eric rolled his eyes, crossing his arms and tutting at the taller male in a kind of disciplinary fashion. What did he do again? Destroy the entire library? Got into an argument with one of the professors? Eric knew of Oliver’s stubbornness and had always been the calming presence to guide him, however things could get heated within a matter of seconds if his inner fire is not extinguished.

Once again, the two would exchange looks of longing again as he chuckled nervously, showing slight concern “Oliver… I love you, but you’re sometimes an egotistical… What do they call them in Griscian terms?”

“Twat?” He blinked.

“Ahh yes…”

Oliver snorted in laughter in response to Eric’s seemingly agreeable insult that he threw himself under “See, I thought that would make you feel better…”

“I suppose you’d wanna kiss this twat then?” Oliver said with a grin, before staring into his eyes, smiling for a moment as Eric responds “A sweet and devilishly charming twat, that’s what I’d call you” He smirked for a moment, knowing how persuasive and charming Eric could be towards him, it worked most of the time for he always had him enthralled in his presence. It was comforting, soothing to know that a man like him could have someone by his side, loyal to him. He pulled Eric close as his eyes were locked between his; he noticed the flush on his face once again, before he took a moment of solemn staring, before he sighed again.

“What’s wrong?” Eric asked.

“Nothing…” Oliver smiled fakely and pretended as if nothing was happening

Eric sits on his lap and stubbornly looks into his eyes “I know something’s wrong, sweetheart…”

“I’m fine…”

“Don’t lie to me, Oliver…” He pressed on further, watching Oliver look in both directions as if he had been cornered.

Oliver sighed “Oh, alright… We did say no secrets in our marriage vows…”

“Say what’s troubling you.”

“Well… I… It’s something to do with the Remedy…” He gulped, as if he was scared of telling him. “They will want me to serve and if they do, I may have to leave Lorien for some time… I don’t know when I will return but it was a promise I made to the Remedy when I received the Black Sigil…”

“And have they called upon you yet, Oliver?” He gazed with worry for a moment, as if the man would up and leave him when such a time came. His heart would sink slightly, forcing him to ask a question “You would tell me if that does happen right?”

“No, they haven't.” His eyes beamed forward towards Eric’s worried expression for a moment, knowing how deeply it would hurt him if he suddenly took off; his emotional doubts were shared with Eric “Of course I would tell you, Eric…” He looked pleadingly into his eyes, before taking a deep breath and looking down at the floor once again.

“Then what are you worrying about?”

Oliver shrugged, before staring into his eyes, smiling “You… I… I have a responsibility now to be a good husband and I already failed that duty once…” He admitted in shame as Eric chuckled.

“Oliver… Oli Oli Oliver, you’re a good husband, a good man and… Even a master of the bedroom”

Oliver snorted again in laughter “Is that so?”

The stoic man rolled his eyes, before getting up from the sofa and immediately proceeded to lift Eric in bridal style; he appeared startled and somewhat appreciative of the moment “Oh?” He sounded surprised, Oliver lifted the shorter male with his strong arms with such ease, ensuring Eric would get flustered at the moment.

“Well I.. I didn’t expe-”

“Shh…”

Oliver carried Eric up the stairs to their bedroom. The room was pleasant and cosy, accompanied with a mahogany bedside table, red curtains and a nice warming presence of red and black amongst their king-sized bed. He laid him down gently on the bed, until Eric grabbed him by the cravat playfully and pulled him close. A gasp of surprise left Oliver’s lips as he was intertwined in eye contact within the smaller male’s embrace “Ow… My… Already playing rough?”

“Such a hypocrite, I know what you’re like when you’re waiting for me to get home from work… You’re unhinged like some howling beast in the night.”

“Waiting to rip your clothes off?”

“Indeed…” Eric said excitedly.

Oliver smirked at the way Eric was advancing himself upon him, but Oliver wasn’t going to let his sexual desires control him; he believed in mutual balance and even though his urges were telling him to unleash the primal and lecherous urges upon him. He simply held back for a moment, biting his lip as he stared at the other male.

“Here’s one thing about me… I’m a gentleman, I move at a more glacial pace, darling. It’s more thrilling that way, trust me…”

“Why?”

“It’s just the way I am…”

Eric smiled, before moving his hand over to the button of his shirt, unhooking each button carefully as he stared deeply into his eyes as the two would exchange glances at each other, before Oliver would go to burrow his nose within the curve of his shoulder, moving along and leaving trails of kisses amongst him.

The smaller male would smile as he moved his neck slightly to give Oliver more room, a slight moan came from his lips as his breath quivered with excitement before he would look deeply into Oliver’s eyes, signalling him to stop for a moment.

“Wait, I just remembered something.” Eric cued him, before Oliver gave him some space. He got out of the bed as he stared incredulously at Eric.

“You forgot something? Well, what’s the matter? You’ve got me going like a house on fire already.” He teased before Oliver chuckled, shaking his head “Oh, it’s just a discovery someone apparently made and I…”

“You’re quite good at seducing and killing a boner at the same time.”

“Oh shut up!”

“I can’t help it, I’m horny and you seem to be talking about another prospect of adventure; as fascinating as it sounds, I think we went slightly offtopic. Now c’mere…” He said with a smirk; his tone was almost demanding, forceful and drove Eric insanely wild before he pounced on him again and kissed him forcefully.

“I knew that would get you cranky…”

“You drive me wild when you’re forceful.”

“You better start speaking Gentevarese more often then…”

To be Continued...

word count: 1610
Alexander Cross
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1155&p=5205#p5205
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1201

Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:08 am

XP: N/A

Magical XP: N/A

Skill Debt XP: -5 (Total remaining skill debt: 60)

Pieces of Knowledge:
  • Seduction: Using insults as endearments.
  • Seduction: Embracing a partner
  • Seduction: Assertiveness can be sexy
  • Seduction: Declaring love to your partner.
  • Seduction: Mutual understanding of your partner
  • Seduction: Tender kisses.
Loot: N/A

Injuries/Ailments: N/A

Comments:
Rats, they truly are scarier than Dranoch. Steamy, steamy, steam……… cliff hanger! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me know. Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 82

Return to “The Northern Realms”