A New Mage?

The many seas of Atharen and their bays along the coast.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Sola
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=2365
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2373

Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:48 am

Luna watched as Ivar nearly gave into sadness. She felt a pang of concern and worry in her chest, wondering if she could help him somehow by keeping him happy with her own magical powers. She resisted the urge to interfere with the process, knowing that it would only hurt Ivar's progress. As Ivar announced that the test was over, Luna lunged forwards and hugged him tightly, if he’d let her. Luna's soft skin would press against Ivar's as she said, “I knew you could do it.”

She would pull herself away and say, “you know what this means, right? You're one of god's chosen. You were right to want to leave Radenor where you could never experience your true potential." She wasn’t sure she totally believed in any god, but she was conditioned to think some supernatural power was in charge of choosing who survived initiation.

Luna looked at Ivar, a serious expression on her face. "we can start practicing tomorrow," she said, her voice firm. "But I want you to keep experimentation to a minimum. Using too much magic is dangerous, especially for someone who's still new to it. What you have is a powerful tool, Ivar," she continued, her voice gentle but firm. "But it's also a dangerous one if you don't know how to control it. You can't just go around using it without thinking about the consequences." She reached out and attempted to place a hand on his arm, to give it a reassuring squeeze. "I know you're probably eager to learn, but we need to take things slowly. We don't want to risk hurting yourself or others."
word count: 300
Ivar
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2395&p=11087#p11087
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2428

Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 am

Ivar felt relieved that the initiation was over. He had never experienced such intense emotions before, and he was physically and mentally drained. As Luna hugged him, he could feel her soft skin pressing against him, and it made him feel calm and safe. However, as soon as she let go, he felt a little weird. He couldn't quite describe it, but something was off. He wondered if it was a side effect of the magic or just exhaustion. All he wanted to do was sleep.

“I think it worked. I feel weird. I hope you don’t mind if I just sleep.”

He looked at the floor and decided it would be more comfortable to lie down there than to make his way back to his room. He didn't want to risk falling asleep on the way there and accidentally hitting his head on something. He lay down on his back and closed his eyes.

He could hear the waves of the ocean moving around the boat and didn't want to open his eyes because he thought he might hallucinate. He just wanted to rest for a little while.

“good night Luna”

As he drifted off to sleep, he thought about the initiation and what it meant for him. He knew that he had a lot to learn, and he hoped that he would be able to control his powers without causing harm to himself or others. Despite feeling a little strange, he was excited to start practicing magic with Luna. He knew that he could learn a lot from her, and he was eager to explore the possibilities of his newfound abilities.
word count: 277
Ruin

Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:21 pm

Review Request:

XP: 3 for each

Magic Experience: 5 each, mentalism

Injuries/Ailments: Perhaps another time.

Awarded Lores:
Ivar:
Mentalism: the initiation process
Mentalism: Don't give in to emotions

Luna:
Mentalism: Drawing a mark on someone to initiate them
Persuasion: urging someone to be careful
Leadership: Conveying expectations you have of someone else
Leadership: Giving orders
Teaching: Warning someone of difficulties they may have

Loot: +2 Mageblight for... IVAR.

Comments: Ivar is awful brave to seek initiation in magic. Can't wait to see what he does with it. Luna, on the other hand, is incredibly irresponsible for initiating him in magic! For shame!

Build to last,
Ruin.

word count: 116

Return to “The Great Seas”