Nym's Neurons

For players to create notes about their ongoing plots, submissions and character development.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Nym
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2024&p=9111
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2046&p=9222

Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:00 pm

Playing With Nym and I

• Nym will never harm your character unless you ask for and detail the extent of the harm or assault.
  • I do not use social platforms. Site private messages only. Please message me for any reason, I'll play or correspond with anyone!
  • Being healed by, learning from, teaching, engaging in conflict with, and befriending or romancing Nym are all viable starters for any character regardless of how murderous he may seem.
  • The author is mostly gay, but Nym is bisexual. Writing heterosexual smut can be fun. Same with trans! 🏳‍🌈
  • The author is comfortable with most forms of depravity in fiction, and recognizes this as fiction. Send me any idea, site rules permitting.

More About Nym

• Nym's non-Atharen influences are Dr. Jekyl & Hyde, Scandinavian Mythology, European Werewolf Mythology, Eastern European Vampire Mythology, and Blaidd from Elden Ring.
  • Nym speaks in a soothing rasp and a Yorkshire accent similar to Blaidd from Elden Ring.
  • Nym has two modalities: hungry, and sated. While hungry, he is ravenous and asocial, even jumpy at the sight of blood. This desire drives him far from his friends to answer the call. While sated, he is perfectly sane and sociable, even comfortable around blood.
  • Nym is warm, his body mostly absent the charring of standard Dunash. His Dranoch Blight gives him some semblance of life, rejuvenating his hide while the microbiology of his body allows him to generate heat that is then retained by his fur.
  • Nym maintains all of his internal organs for the time being. While he does not need to breathe, he has never lost the habit.
  • Nym has the reproduction capabilities of a Dunash, with human anatomy and a sheath to hide it downstairs.

More About Me

• I'm retired. I read. A LOT. I play games, but rarely.
  • I'm a Dane in my forties, from Denmark. Copenhagen.
  • Fluent in Danish and English! Conversational in French and German.
  • I am college educated, but I prefer not to wave my degree around.
  • I'm sort of a furry, but don't participate in the community. I just really, really like werewolves™.
  • My favorite authors are Tolkien, J.R.R. Marten, Edgar Allen Poe, and H. P. Lovecraft
  • I haven't written in a lot of roleplay forums. Mostly IRC clients and personal works.
Last edited by Nym on Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 563
Nym
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2024&p=9111
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2046&p=9222

Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:42 pm

Personal Development Goals

• Master Grave
  • Acquire Blood Magic
  • Master Blood Magic
  • Ascend as a Pureblood
  • Master Necromancy
  • Acquire an Essence Calcifier
  • Become a Lich
  • Earn enough exp to evolve into Cardinalmon
  • Earn enough exp to evolve into Hunstsmanmon.
  • Earn enough exp to mega evolve Huntsmanmon.

Major Plots

The Death Cartel

The Dead Cartel is, in concept, a creature and slave trafficking ring with its fingers in other sorts of ill-gotten goods and its own mercenaries on offer to the highest bidders also willing to overlook their operation. Where slavery or Necromancy are legal, fronts will be established to draw others into the fold. Occult manuscripts on magic and Blight may be published through the Cartel. They will share Blood Magic with notable members, and allowing oneself to be Blighted as a Dranoch is a requirement to join. These services will be offered across several nations, serving as a grocer for Dranoch and struggling monsters dependent on souls or humanoid flesh.

Something like this will take time to develop, operating as a major crime family within Atharen while forging ties with the Court of Dusk.

The Unbreathing Horde

As a former member of the Unbreathing Horde, it is likely that Nym will face the choice of whether to support its inevitable invasion of Atharen, or assist in its repulsion. This could entail dealings with Y'shendra or her Blacksworn.

The Jailor and his Remedy

As Nym grows in power and influence, he may attract the attention of Aldrin Sil'Jalus and his Black Remedy. Nym will have to devise a way to protect himself and his interests from Ebon Knight incursion.

Ascendancy

Hearing tales of what it can offer, Nym may seek out Lichdom. This will likely entail a grand quest, but I've no idea how that will manifest.

The Court of Dusk

The Court of Dusk may develop an interest in Nym's activities, offering him opportunities or attempting to dominate his enterprise for their aims.

Minor Plots

Death Studies

Nym studies and catalogs the biology of as many races and creatures as he can, with as much detail as possible. Along the way, he theorizes useful adaptations in the advancement of his Necromancy and Grave.

Beauty and the Beast

Nym finds love, be it with a man, a woman, or something else. Be it with the living, or the living dead. It's confusing and complicated, an ongoing and perpetual concern he cannot shake, and such bonds are dangerous and eternal until broken.

Blood Magic

Nym finds there is a Cardinal in Amoren, who promptly lures him into a Dranoch nest. Performing several tasks for the beast, he is offered the opportunity to learn Blood Magic in exchange for his loyalty.

The Essence Calcifier

Nym goes on a quest for the Essence Calcifier. Perhaps he must go toe to toe with a rival Necromancer.
word count: 581

Return to “Plot Notes”