Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1423

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Name: Dimitri Edme Heloise
Race: Human
Birthday: Searing 78 184 (36 years old)
Relationship to NPC: Husband, brewer, bartender, doorman
NPC Type: Plot NPC

Details:
Always seen in dark clothing. This man married Nim years ago out of steamy passion and love. Over the years their business grew and Nim became distant, essentially ending their happy married life as lovers. Now they are mere business partners and barely friends. He helps her manage the business and is an artificer, transposition mage, and an accomplished swordsman. The brews and wine he makes are well known as well. Veir is his title and he has several Valran underneath him acting as butlers, bouncers, and apprentices in the business. He's a sneak and a conman at best, often seeing women and embarrassing Nim in public.

Dimitri has a certain degree of respect for their club to hide most of his personality in public, but his antics are enough to set Nim on edge. Neither delights being around each other. They live extremely separate lives although they are married on paper.

Plot:
The plot involves Dimitri's untimely death. He will die not by her hand but by the hand of the rival brothel to put her in the public eye. His death will be very gruesome. This chain of events will open up new marriage opportunities for her but also will deepen her relationship with the underground. His death will be one of the first plot points in my writing.
Last edited by Nim Leone de Heloise on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 248
Ruin

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:59 am

Hi Nim,

Thank you for submitting this request; there's one hard stop for this character that cannot be negotiated and must be removed before we continue, and that's the NPC's possession of Sigilic Pyromancy. The reasons for this are:

1. Sigilic Pyromancy is extraordinarily rare, and was considered to be a Lost Magic prior to twenty years ago.

2. All approved characters and NPCs are required to have direct affiliation with the Black Remedy of Sil-Elaine in order to possess such a magic.

3. Sigilic pyromancy is essentially non-existent in Daravin and requires both a Master of the magic as well as Aldrin's consent to initiate someone in the art. There are no masters of Sigilic pyromancy in Daravin.

Needless to say, these points would consume a large portion of the NPC's life and history, as it would involve them somehow discovering the Black Remedy outside of Sil Elaine, joining the revolution, training, then being initiated and serving in the cause for some time.

Other than that, the NPC is good to go! Please let me know when this correction has been made and we can proceed. Otherwise, you're welcome to contest this decision.

Build to last,
Ruin.
word count: 206
Nim Leone de Heloise
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1349
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1423

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:17 pm

I rewrote the NPC as an "artificer, transposition mage and an accomplished swordsman". Let me know if I should elaborate. This PC is very minor, he will likely not accompany her anywhere and is created to die basically.
word count: 38
Ruin

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 am

Hi Nim,

Thank you for changing the magics he possesses. All PCs and NPCs alike should align with the world's lore, regardless of how long they're meant to be around. This helps to maintain a consistent narrative and doesn't infringe on the plots of others, so I appreciate your willingness to change his skill loadout.

With that being said, this plot and NPC are approved! I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Build to last,
Ruin.
word count: 82

Return to “Request Archive”