Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1754
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1800
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1775

Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:43 pm

Blood

Motif: Crimson Tide
_
Blood

Growing up in a city surrounded by beautiful rivers and luminous falls, Degare has always been enamored with the flow of water. It can be as gentle as a dewdrop or as destructive and tumultuous as the tidal waves resulting from underwater quakes. This affection for water was twisted and warped into a fondness and then further into a lust for blood– rivers of it, oceans of it. Such a fascination has impacted his life in myriad ways over the years and as a consequence, it is what drives the unique traits of his Blood Magic.

Blood Font: (affecting Blood skill: ‘Degare’s Blood’) Apprentice
Allows for rapid regeneration of his blood to facilitate continuous casting and to reduce strain from blood loss as a whole. Overall, he’ll regenerate his blood to full capacity in a couple of hours.
When his body is regenerating blood, especially larger losses, his heart rate increases to over 120 BPM and a marked increase in internal body temperature is also present. Increased sweating, skin will be flushed, etc. while this is happening.

Incarnadine Eye: (affecting Blood skill: ‘Sway’) Journeyman
Doubles the range of Sway.
Degare will gain bright, carmine red limbal rings around his irises. Additionally, the color of his Sil’Noraian leaden veins will be shifted from black to an unnaturally deep, purplish crimson. Both of these odd traits combined could out him as a Vandikar if he’s not careful in how he conducts himself.

Ruby Drift: (affecting Blood skill: ‘Hemorrhage’) Expert
In the simplest of terms, Hemorrhage will be able to be manipulated remotely by the Blood Mage as if being affected by Sway. Degare can craft it in the palms of his hands, it will draw from blood all around him and he can levitate the orb of life essence, omnidirectionally move it, and project it forth with significant force in whatever direction he pleases in order to reposition this skill to create effective artillery bombs that will burst to unleash a forceful torrent of the sanguine essence within. The range at which he can manipulate it is determined by the range of his Sway.
This skill requires a not insignificant amount of Blight created by his own blood, most likely will be pulled from small self inflicted cuts on his palms. Additionally, overuse of this ability can run the risk of blood vessels collapsing entirely and having no static pressure to flow again.

Sanguinous Waters: (affecting Blood skill: ‘Blood Torrent’) Master
Extends the width to roughly 6ft and allows Degare to perform much sharper turns when redirecting the torrent’s flow.
His blood is thinner, brighter and more vibrant in color, as well as flowing more freely. As a result, it doesn’t coagulate properly, if at all. His wounds must be closed by means other than natural or he will bleed continuously until he falls.

word count: 578
Ruin

Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:58 pm

Hi Degare, thanks for posting these mutations for review.

I like them as they are but I feel like we can format them a bit better and elaborate on the connections of some items. Once this is done, we can proceed with approval.

1. The first item is that I feel his apprentice mutation has more impact than his Journeyman mutation. As a result, I think his progression makes more sense if these could be transposed.

2. Degare's aesthetic alterations and the increased range of sway in the mutation Incardanine Eye have no obvious correlation from what I can see. Could you explain in the write-up what both these effects have to do with one another?

Please let me know when this is done and we can proceed with approval. Alternatively, you can let me know if you disagree with any of the items above and we can work around them.

Build to last,
Ruin.

word count: 164
Degare
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1754
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1800
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1775

Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:51 am

1. They can be reversed, I don't really have a preference in that regard.

2. Perhaps this didn't make sense due to how it was phrased? The cosmetic effects are a result of the method by which his range with sway is increased. I imagined it in my head as crystalized blight interacting uniquely with his anatomy. Sway is enhanced because of the aforementioned blight because the omnipresence of the crystallization works as a conductor for the increased range so to speak & said crystallization is bright, shining red and manifested in those two places. Does this make sense? It was kind of an abstract thought in my head that I thought was unnecessary to include.
word count: 117
Ruin

Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:50 am

Approved! I had to read over that a few times before it clicked that the blight you were talking about was the blight that comes as a result of leaching, but I think that's fair.
word count: 36

Return to “Request Archive”