[Guest Mod Aurelio] Fall's Summoning

The decentralized lands of the Entente, and the bulk of the Empire.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Vivian
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1882&p=8295#p8295
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2156&p=9611#p9611
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1891

Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:50 pm

The smile meant he’d played this correctly. Good. Religious men and women were startlingly easy to fool, especially when one played up their sensitivities. He cursed the owl internally; all the stupid thing had to do was be silent! He had the owl’s form, though he didn’t quite know how to break it to Anya. She would be angry with him and she did control his housing situation. It couldn’t be helped now. He’d simply blame Merona, and state that he wasn’t willing to risk his neck for a god damn bird.

Vivian sat in a chair across from Merona, eyeing her guardedly. Great friends. Sure. Veir had people they used, not friends, but Merona was his path to becoming something other than just a street whore gifted in magic. If he had been a Valran he might have inherited Degare’s estate instead of Anya. He would have already had somewhere solid to raise his son. He listened to Anya carefully. Sneak into a Montese’s estate?! In his state? He was pregnant, due to give birth in a little over eighty days! He was getting to the point where he couldn’t really hide what was developing anymore, nor sneak about.

He cocked an eyebrow. “You’re worried his spending is out of control and want to help him curb it before the family is embarrassed.” He said. “I would be honored to help you, but I have to say…you may not need to steal from him in order to find his situation.” Vivian rested back, putting his arms along the couch. “Am I allowed to use alternative methods?”

word count: 285
Salen
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1657
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1709&p=7409#p7409
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1686

Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:43 am

TIME STAMP
"Elias is a stubborn man and more likely, will not budge so easily, but you may use whatever methods you have at your disposal..." She uttered, staring at Vivian once again as she made her way towards her father's painting, before shaking her head sighing to herself "Luckily, he's not as intelligent and cunning as most of the other Monters of Daravin." She paused for a moment as he poured herself a glass of wine from her decanter and proceeded to drink as she made her way to the balcony of Castle Stonewater, it appeared to overlook the view of Daravin from behind, as well as the far reaches of the lands of Teos. "I would be careful, ever since Brilan Ald's coronation, he has been regulating violent anti-racial paranoia in his state of Leverin, but of course that shouldn't be a problem. What appears to be worrying is that the race of an ancient land has returned to repeat history..." She uttered, extremely paranoid by the events of things to come.

"I wouldn't worry about that, it's quite a trivial matter and if you've been to Rallion, you'll understand... It's home to the former family who once ruled Amoren, destroyed by her schemes. I can understand why my cousin is angry and worried too, so much that he seems to booze away at his life and makes careless decisions." She shrugged, trying to play the game of sympathy on Vivian as she frowned. Her face of concern was almost chameleon, like although subtle enough to feign from her true intentions.

"Anyway, you have a party to enjoy. I will ensure I send my best Valran to assist you to make help with tactical arrangements as well as ensuring you are well equipped for your assignment." She smiled as she would look at Vivian "Now, let's not let suspicion rise, if a Montese is gone too long that can only rouse suspicion from other Veir... A series of unfortunate events, as they say... After you, darling..." She smiled, curtseying as she beckoned him to enter the ballroom once again, she would follow behind once Vivian has entered.

► Show Spoiler

word count: 480
Vivian
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1882&p=8295#p8295
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2156&p=9611#p9611
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1891

Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:04 pm

Vivian thought carefully, watching the woman pour her glass of wine and look out over the castle's balconies. He kept his face neutral, but inside his mind was abuzz. He was being asked to work as a spy. He knew larceny, and knew it well, but sneaking around with this belly of his? He was far enough along that he could touch the child inside of him with his ether. The organ inside of him was so much more than just a numb womb. He could feel, he could embrace his offspring and feel every kick, hiccup and shift. To fail would mean not only his death but the death of his child. After all, what madman would want to give birth in the wilds? He was sure Alistair would take him in, but he wanted to come to the other man as a proper Valran. Something worthy of his love and hand in marriage.

He hesitated, then took a deep breath. "I will do this for you. But am I to be a Valran with no land or home to call my own?" He asked calmly. He wasn't about to be sympathetic to some drunk fool pissing away money. He would be happy stealing such documents; he had no horse in this race other than a title. But a title wouldn't do him any good if he was still renting a room in the home of a greater Veir. "If I am finally to ascend from a strigoi, I should live like one, shouldn't I?" Vivian smiled at her, a little hint of his predatory nature shining through. He didn't just want a title. A title was useless without the gold to go with it. But he had spent long enough in the streets. If he was to betray a Montese...a smaller home wouldn't be out of line.

Or at least, the path to getting one.

Vivian rose carefully, bowing as comfortably as he could to her, and headed back out into the ballroom.

There wasn't a chance in hell he was staying any longer than he needed to. He picked up the corpse of the owl, sighing as he held it between thumb and forefinger. He set it on a nearby servant's platter. "I'm sure the cook can do something with that." he said lightly, and grabbed the head of the owl. At least he could bring back something for Anya.

word count: 420
Salen
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1657
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1709&p=7409#p7409
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1686

Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:20 am

TIME STAMP
Before Vivian and Merona left for the ballroom, she would follow on with a rude exchange of laughter at Vivian. It was as if he had made a comical expression to her, the fact that everything was earnt and not given made this a completely laughable topic for Merona, so much that she quickly dropped her expression of laughter into a much more serious tone "A Valran you will be, but your worth is simple... You serve the Empire, prove your power to people and you can have untold riches. It is those who are granted power that make a moral example amongst Daravin's elite circle... You are going to be at the very beginning of this journey to excellency and yet you'll have so much to learn. You will be assigned to a Veir, who will monitor your performance and report back to me if they think you're a liability. Of course, I'm a fair woman, evidence must be brought upon me, before I can make a judgement." She smiled as she sipped her glass.

"But remember this, if you do reign free... You will be serving under Daravin's laws, ensure that they are met, disrespect is the route to carelessness. You shall be trained in the Candor and magic at Nardothis and then you shall be given the tools to succeed, if you fail or commit an atrocious act against Ulen I will know and I will revoke your status, cast you away from Daravin, your return lead with violent reprimand or even death." She said sternly as she continued her speach "everyone is a potential threat because the Empire is in a potential state of war, we do not believe in peace as it is a sign of weakness. Remember this Vivian, your lovers, your servants, your fellow leaders and most importantly... Everyone is your enemy, its a game, a gamble but with the concept of life and vitality that you will have no choice but to quelch. It is survival of the fittest, it is you or them..." She smirked as she eyed as she made her way back into the ballroom. This appeared to be a final plea to Vivian, but will he listen?

Merona would continue into the ballroom and smirk, wondering if Vivian would listen. After all, she would wish everyone the best, but expect the worst from everyone.

► Show Spoiler

word count: 504

Return to “The Southern Marches”