[Lyonesse] Hero to Zero (Constantine)

The decentralized lands of the Entente, and the bulk of the Empire.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Khaori
Character Sheet: https://www.atharen.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=557

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Hero to Zero
1st of Searing, 120 AoS

“Look me over again and you answer that question for yourself.” He spoke as he wrapped one arm around the large man, moving his hand upward toward his chest to show the beautiful flower that bloomed in the presence of the hot sun. Khaori wanted the man to take a good guess knowing it might be difficult to place where he’d seen such a creature like himself. Fae’Norai often stuck together and closer to those they're familiar with most. Like, the Hytori. Those that did not follow Veratelle, escaped with the Hytori to a new home; a home to carry on traditions so he heard. Khaori could only assume that his kind is mostly rare to others outside Auris.

There's a chance the Siltori might recognize one if they see them, but he couldn't imagine too many were present in Daravin after hearing about the racism here. In his eyes, Daravin appeared to be a piece of the clockwork empire motivated to keep traditions alive and running.

An ear almost pressed to his back, Khaori listened to his story. It was a heartbreaking story, Khaori could not imagine losing his parents. He couldn't imagine living without them—a part of him would really consider suicide. A fae without a family is a fae without a reason to live. He had to admit, the man is strong for moving forward with his life. Still, there is a part of the story he did not understand.

“Why take on such a life? You are a big man, I'm sure you were a large child as well. You'd do better in a fighting pit.” Without warning, Khaori balled his other fist and gave him a good punch in the back.“You seem to have great bones too. How come you did not escape? Were you awaiting some sort of prince to rescue you?”

If the blonde could see his face, he would recognize the sarcasm on it.

“You can trust me, prince charming isn't real even for nobles. Politics are corrupt.”

The conversation seemed to transition smoothly. No later, he was asked about Auris. Instead of answering right away, Khaori sucked his teeth and laughed.

“Different and better than your world.” He started off as he debated whether or not to tell him about his life there. Khaori was getting to know the blonde better, what he knew was good enough in his opinion since he truly had no plans to become close friends with him. The fae did not know him enough to act like it either.“My life was much better than yours, I'll tell you that. So I won't be able to stay here with you and pretend to be a slave.”

The lord did not forget. He just did not feel like addressing the situation just yet.

He wanted to figure things out first.

"I am like a Phoenix! I will rise again."
word count: 583
Etro
Character Sheet: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77
Plot Notes: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=346

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:39 am

Hero to Zero
1st of Searing, 120 AoS

His eyes did as the male instructed, pouring over his form with a higher level of scrutiny as they went. He could see it now, the oddness his skin held as if it was merely a guise. To this conclusion, Etro simply nodded and turned his attention forward.

He felt the punch accompanied by his words and simply chuckled. It was not a life he chose but it was the best one at the time, better than the alternative. "Nothing that grand of course, but it was the best option at the time. I had food, shelter, and protection, though I was the protection for the others given my big bones." he mused, glancing up and then back to the path ahead.

"No one is ever waiting for Prince Charming, merely an opportunity to escape and make a better life for oneself." he said, noticing that something was coming. It was faint, but something was cutting a clear path to them. More slavers, guards from the detail.? It could mean that someone could have come along and found the other one's body.

It meant, that they had to move faster. Mounting the horse, he took the reigns and sent the horse into a gallop. "If your life was that great, you surely would be living in the luxury of it and not running for your life from slavers" he teased, flashing a smirk back at the man then focusing on the road.

"I think its either your fault or you were a victim of circumstance." he added, his attention being pulled behind them, the presence now coming faster toward them. Seeing a bunch of trees he veered off course. Tying the horse to the tree he looked to the man and took him off the horse.

"I advise you to stay here and stay hidden. In the event I return and you are gone, I pray you be safe. Wolves prowl this area and its unsafe." he warned, unsheathing his halberd, and opting to meet whoever was coming head-on. An amethyst aura enveloped him.
"Common Speech"
"Silvain Speech"
"Aerendyl Speech"
"Self-Thoughts"
word count: 466

Return to “The Southern Marches”