To A Thousand Warm Winters

The cultural heart of South Daravin, where the Entente play their hands.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Midhir
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1401
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1448

Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:06 pm

Jack swore, so Midhir swore. He didn't understand why the man wept yet, was still so overwhelmed by new histories, new discoveries, new people, and a new purpose that he could only hope would support his shared purpose with Jack rather than subvert it. Chronomancy might help them fix what was broken in Jack, at least. But then the lich spake words that truly terrified him: Jack would not be going.

And Jack was to prepare him to lead?

Jack's hands were full trying to keep Midhir from misstepping and getting himself killed in the tangled skein of Entente politics that they had been avoiding until now, until it had reached out and snatched them up.

"But—"

But Brilan Ald ignored him; instead, one of the people he was supposed to lead, a man with several names, came to speak to him. Midhir had spent his life in cloistered calm and all of this had sent his insides spinning. He couldn't hide the lost look in his golden eyes.

"Lasers?"

He grabbed Jack's hand, waiting for him to use his silver tongue to twist the ash lady's plot so they could remain together as they had decided to do. But now they were locked by oaths and his Mark was burning to overturn things, but it seemed as though many people present had an ax to grind with humanity that he didn't share. If anything, the most important person in his life was a human. If he had learned anything from his time with the Badlander, it was that the Entente was never what it seemed. There was no candor in the Candor; there were only plots within plots and all he had wanted was to see the world before deciding whether he would retreat from it permanently in the mountains of Khadai.

But it seemed there was nothing Jack could do, and nothing Midhir could do. The friendly Rathor fell into step as they departed. With Jack, he had followed or walked beside him. He could only hope he had absorbed enough of his example so that he could lead.

Or perhaps the mysterious Taelian would seize that authority the strange woman had granted him for his oath.
word count: 375
Zaros
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=1406
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1447

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:22 am

I would have much rather been on the assault mission, as fighting had always been where my strength was. Stealth and espionage I left to Haldir as he was more accustomed to it. But it's not like I could argue with the one person who could wipe me from existence with a mere flick of her wrist. It seemed this was going to be harder than I first anticipated, not to mention that both I and the other Ebon knight would have been more useful in a fight than being stealthy, but I was in no position to argue.

Looking at the other two, I weighed my options, determining if they would be weight or not. The other ebon knight may not be a hindrance, but the other elf Amyas, I had no idea of his capabilities which I would have to figure out. Looking to the others I envied them for getting the fun mission, but I would play my part in this regardless. My eyes gave a concerning, distrustful gaze to the slave, who come to find out was going under an alias, his true name being Arkash.

I knew there was something off about him, but now I had more questions than I wanted about the man. The other ebon spoke to him and the other elf that was to be working with them, trying to instill comradery among them. He nodded in agreement but decided to take my leave after getting what was provided for us to do our mission. I had a lot to deal with and needed time to wrap my head around it.

"I suggest we gather to ascertain our strengths and weakness before going forth on this endeavor. For now, I will take my leave, but I will be in touch." I spoke giving them both a bow, before making my way to the exit.

"Common Speech"
"Silvain Speech"
"Self-Thoughts"
word count: 355
Amyas
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1152
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1318

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:05 am

"One of the most powerful creatures on Atharen…" Something like that coming from the lips of Lady Ash, no less. 'Worldbreaker' was a title Amyas was wholly grateful he wouldn't have to meet, but the very room he stood in was a testament to how mighty the Pontifex could be. There were tales of the man, and if he was even half as powerful as the Treveyn said (which he no doubt would be), then surely each of them was true.

Frankly, the elf had no words for Arkash's (or Derek's) spontaneous transformation into a lizard, but this plunge into concepts he could barely conceive of had robbed him of many of his words anyway. So the man he'd danced with was actually a shapeshifter, or a mage who could shed his skin with ease, or one of a dozen other folkloric explanations. Fine. His acceptance was less out of genuine feeling, and more that it was a drop in the ocean of revelations that were starting to give him one hell of a headache.

“...Right. Well. Good luck.” It seemed they'd need that, and a whole lot more. Strategising… yeah, that was the next step. How exactly one planned against someone a half step away from godhood he did not know, but there was no other choice than to try.

Good grief, he needed a lie down. Giving a bow of his head to the rest of the room, Amyas tried his best to not scurry out of the room, managing to mostly exit as if he wasn't desperate to leave as quickly as he could. Slipping out of that gilded world, away from the opulence, he could finally breathe easy.

Mostly breathe easy. The ball would never truly leave his mind again; not after he'd been plucked so readily, even hidden amongst the crowd. The uneven cobble was familiar, but not as safe as they once felt; now they all felt covered in ash.
word count: 333
Tyranny

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:56 am

All Attending PCs

Lores
10 lores of your choice, in any skill but a magical one.

Loot: One pair of fine noble clothing for all of you - for the road. And, 500 df which will be given upon your arrival at the barracks.
Injuries: N/A

Comments: Great thread, all! I very much appreciated your promptness in replying, and I hope you folks enjoyed the lore and story beats here. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to the rest of this story.

word count: 107

Return to “Amoren”