[Shattige Mulde] Becoming the Librarian He is Meant to Be

The regions surrounding Nivenhain, ruled by the great ducal families.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Podvrak
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=710
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=825

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:56 am

Glade 28 4622 ¤

Arriving back at the library was like a great weight being lifted from Vrak's shoulders. It was snowing here today, a light dusting lay on Vrak's bare shoulders and the top of his head as he came into the building. The young woman raised an eyebrow at him, the same woman from yesterday, and he handed the book to her, which he had wrapped up in some cloth for safe keeping from the snow. She pulled back the cloth and gasped at the book in her hands,
"I cannot believe you were able to get this. And you are unscathed?"
She seemed to check him over, but nothing was amiss with him, he merely stood there silently until she was done.
"Well, I must stay true to my word. I will vouch for you to become a librarian, here. You have prior experience?"
"Yes."
Podvrak replied slowly, chewing on the word. The woman mused,
"Interesting they would allow a lowborn such as yourself to walk in their halls."
Podvrak made himself as small as he could, folding his arms in with embarrassment,
"It was very hard."
Was all he said. She replied slowly but gently,
"Hm, I'm sure it was. I wouldn't want to be Rathor in Lorien. Well, when can you start?"

She seemed kind. As they went over paperwork and the rules of the job he watched as her body moved, she was lithe and fit. Her name, she said, was Wink and she was a sight for old sore eyes after the crones from his library prior. The weight of the world made him tired near the end of this, thinking about over one hundred years of hard, gruesome work and how thankful he was to finally be settling down. Even if Shattige Mulde was every bit as dreary as they said.
"I've vouched for you with Draclina, but be careful around her. Make sure you're always minding your chores."
Wink told Podvrak, who nodded in reply before putting his quill down to sign his name. It looked as beautiful as ever and Wink even commented on his penmanship,
"Lovely, you do calligraphy?"
"For many years,"
Podvrak said with a twinkle in his eye. Setting the pen down he looked Wink into her eyes, searching hopefully for what he thought was coming next. And it did.
"I'll send word to Draclina, she may want to see your skill in action. But if you are good, well, we need a new scribe."
word count: 447

Return to “The Northern Realms”