The Point of No Return

The capital of the Grisic Empire, and seat of the Imperator.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Oliver
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2078
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2099

Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:04 am

The Point Of No Return
50th Searing 4610

word count: 8
Oliver
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2078
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2099

Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:22 am

INT. THE CARNAHAN ESTATE - LIVING ROOM

The decorations around the manor were laced with white and gold, an indication that there was another wedding party within the CARNAHAN family. CECILIA approaches FALLON, narrowing her eyes as she appears to speak.

CECILIA
Any sign of Oliver, lately?

FALLON
I don’t know, niece, he’s probably grieving after the death of his.

CECILIA
Keep it down, not today. I just want this evening to be free of conflict, I suggest you don’t mention anything...

FALLON nods as she walks away from CECILIA, taking slow and careful footsteps towards her brother, AUGUSTUS and her husband NATHAN.

NATHAN
Ahh, Fallon, we’ve just been talking about your achievement.

FALLON
Oh my scholarship for Ethereal studies? Of course, we’ve gotta eradicate the danger of mage scum somehow, they are the reason the world’s in a complete mess...

AUGUSTUS
Uncle TYRONE would approve heavily...

FALLON
Uncle TYRONE doesn’t approve of anything nowadays, not even the marriage of Jean and Oliver.

FALLON chuckles to herself, before she glanced over to AUGUSTUS who glared at her.

NATHAN
I don’t think we’re suppose to be talking about that here.

AUGUSTUS
Yes, FALLON... I think you should reign it in.

The slam of the double doors could be heard as OLIVER furiously, the sound of his loafers against the marble floor could be heard as he strutted angrily in the manor house, wearing a fitted white shirt, tie, black suit jacket and black slacks, held by suspenders.

OLIVER
(SCREAMING)
WHERE IS HE!

Oliver’s walking speed quickened as he directed himself towards AUGUSTUS’ direction, pushing him out of the way. NATHAN and FALLON gasp in shock as CECILIA watches the drama unfold in front of her eyes, she appeared to be shocked as the table that AUGUSTUS was pushed on, immediately snapped in half.

CHETNA walked up to CECILIA shocked by the sudden outburst of her son.
CHETNA
He’s found out hasn’t he?

CECILIA
Found out what?

CHETNA looked wide-eyed for a moment as she turned to CECILIA in fright. All the other family members at the venue appeared to enter out on the porch of the estate through the doorway leading outside.

EXT. THE CARNAHAN ESTATE - COURTYARD

Every party guest appeared to be watching the drama unfold between them as OLIVER would proceed to come down the stairs. FALLON watched as CECILIA looks at her mother.

CECILIA
What exactly has father done?

CHETNA watched the scene unfold anxiously as she looks to her side, seeing CECILIA with complete worry on her face as she looked to her nephew, AUGUSTUS.

OLIVER
(WALKING DOWN THE STAIRS)
YOU LYING BASTARD! YOU KNEW THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG!

TYRONE looks confused at his son, with only an incredulous raise of his eyebrow, he continued to stare in shock as he saw OLIVER strutting towards him angrily as he placed his hands on his waist, staring at him.

TYRONE
What is it this time, Oliver...

OLIVER
(ANGRY)
You were the one who commissioned that necromancer and tried to put it in my name! Why!

TYRONE
Don’t be absurd! I wouldn’t do such a thing.

OLIVER
Yeah? Why don’t I jog your memory.

CECILIA appeared to look at CHETNA in shock as she looked completely guilty for hiding such a secret.
CECILIA
Is it true? Is all of this true?

CHETNA was in tears at the moment events started to unfold, everyone else continued to watch the arguement unfold between OLIVER and TYRONE.

TYRONE
She would’ve died regardless...

OLIVER
You don’t realise what this does to me... I loved her, but more importantly I would’ve given that child the father he deserved. Unlike, you.

TYRONE
She wasn’t the right woman for you, she had a dubious parentage...

OLIVER
(HEAVING)
That doesn’t give you the right to take a life! An innocent one in fact!
(LAUGHING)
Of course, you weren’t always a moral man, what kind of father abandons their own son for three years of his childhood, it amazes me how many times you told me to keep quiet about your affairs with other women...

TYRONE threw a punch toward’s OLIVER’s face causing him to flinch in defense as he took the blow, causing him to fall on the floor. The other party guest gasp in shock as CECILIA was beginning to get upset at the revelry unfolding right in front of her.

CHETNA was shocked as she proceeded to console CECILIA until she pushed her away.

CECILIA
You’re not my mother, and neither is he my father anymore...
She said, walking off in the distance, appearing to head to the direction of her room as CHETNA would watch the fight get worst.

OLIVER laughs as he rubs his cheek from the bruise that TYRONE inflicted upon him.

OLIVER
Oh, that’s my father’s true colours coming out of the blue! Except, if your asking for a fight...

OLIVER throws a punch in TYRONE’s abdominal area, causing him to gasp in shock.

OLIVER (CONT’D)
You should at least expect repercussions...

TYRONE tries to retaliate, but is overpowered by OLIVER’s strength and physique as he proceeds to tackle him into the fountain’s basin. He held his head down in the water for a period of time, until TYRONE proceeded to overpower OLIVER and drag him down into the water.

TYRONE
You spiteful little bastard!

TYRONE continued to hold OLIVER’s head down, prompting NATHAN and AUGUSTUS intervene in the situation as they pulled TYRONE out of the fountain, away from OLIVER. The young man gasped for air as he stared at his father with ill intent, wanting to come back for more.

TYRONE (CONT’D)
You’re nothing but an evil maniac! We should’ve spanked you more as a child!

OLIVER
Like father, like son!
(SPITS)

OLIVER proceeds to get out of the fountain’s basin and tried to lunge at TYRONE. NATHAN and AUGUSTUS restrain him to stop him from inflicting another blow against TYRONE.

AUGUSTUS
Oliver, stop!

FALLON approaches as she glances at TYRONE and OLIVER.

FALLON
What has gotten into you two?

OLIVER
The fact that my father is a murderer and a liar. I hope this is on your conscience, if you have one. You cold-blooded two-faced viper!

OLIVER breaks free and throws a punch toward’s TYRONE’s face watching him collapse frailly on the floor. The act of violence prompts FALLON to gasp and flinch at the young man’s brutish choices.

NATHAN
Oliver, thats enough!

OLIVER heaved in anger as he proceeded to look at AUGUSTUS with a narrow of his eyes, full of distain.

OLIVER
You call yourself honorable, but does an honorable person lie?

TYRONE is shocked and disturbed by the revelation of his dabbling.

OLIVER (CONT’D)
(POINTING AT AUGUSTUS)
And you knew as well didn’t you, well I hope your conscience can take the ruin you’ve brought upon your own family, including mine...

OLIVER walks off and climbs the stairs, TYRONE glances at CHETNA pleadingly as she shakes her head in disappointment, knowing that he is the bane of the Carnahan Family before entering inside the home.

SOME TIME LATER

INT. THE CARNAHAN ESTATE - LIVING ROOM

TYRONE appears to have a towel wrapped around him from the altercation that transpired at the fountain. He looked to the chambermaids and other members of staff at his manor, nodding in thanks for their services.

CECILIA came downstairs with her luggage ready as TYRONE appeared to be in a state of shock. She crossed her arms in anger as she stared directly at TYRONE.
CECILIA
How dare you poison this family...

TYRONE
Oh, please not you two, you were the wor-

CECILIA (INTERRUPT)
You thought you were doing the best for your children, when really your just a man who wants control over their lives, well I’m done... I’m breaking the cycle and you’ll never see me again...

OLIVER walks into the room and fires a warning shot from his rifle, causing CECILIA to let out a scream of shock, prompting her to back her seat against the sofa as she looks at OLIVER in fear.

OLIVER
(GUN IN HIS HAND)
You’ll never see me again either...

TYRONE
(SCARED)
Oliver, put that thing away.

OLIVER
Oh of course, you remember the birthday gift that you gave me, from the father of the year here... The truth is, I’m leaving. You can cut me out of your will or what not because I don’t want your inheritance, knowing the dirty things you’ve done...

CECILIA
Oliver... Just put the gun down...

OLIVER
Cecilia, just go and live your life, but try to be better than this excuse of a man... Because heres one thing, I will never...

OLIVER fires a shot at the crystal chandelier, hanging from the ceiling. The chain snaps and it immediately falls down, causing CECILIA to jump out of the way in panic.

OLIVER (CONT’D)
EVER!

He fires another shot at the window, blowing a large hole within it’s service, leaving a mess of shattered glass on the floor.

OLIVER (CONT’D)
Live under the same roof as you again, as long as I live... You can drop dead...

OLIVER walks off leaving CECILIA to contend with the mess as TYRONE appears to be in shock and horror from the concept that his family had been torn apart. CECILIA proceeds to leave, giving one last glance towards TYRONE.

CECILIA
United you’ll stand, divided you’ll fall... Remember those words, father for you have dug your own grave.

TYRONE’s disappointment in himself was shown by the melancholy look on his face as he had noone. His whole family, completely destroyed by the secrets he kept.

FADE TO BLACK.

word count: 1653
Alexander Cross
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1155&p=5205#p5205
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1201

Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:49 pm

XP: N/A

Magical XP: N/A

Skill Debt XP: -5 (Total remaining skill debt: 22)

Mageblight: N/A

Pieces of Knowledge:
  • Gunslinging: Pulling the hair trigger
  • Gunslinging: Holding a rifle one handed to shoot.
  • Gunslinging: Aiming precisely.
  • Unarmed Combat: Using the environment to your advantage whilst fighting.
  • Unarmed Combat: Wrestling
  • Unarmed Combat: Overpowering a foe with your strength.
Loot: N/A

Injuries/Ailments: N/A

Comments:
Now this is an interesting format and pov. As they said, “stronger together, weak alone”. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me know. Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 96

Return to “Starkwayte”