Unfortunate happenings

Points of interest anywhere outside of the city and inside of Mount Lorscha.

Moderators: Architect, Staff

Vinsue
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?t=2085
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2103

Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:57 pm

⋱ Glade 50 ⋰

Perhaps expecting to let the forge master of the forge she sometimes works at that she was back before finding Moop and Joop was not the wisest of ideas. But why not kill 2 birds with one stone as the saying goes. So here she found herself incharge of making a delivery in the mines.

Vinsue was excited to inform Moop and Joop of her find, and had spent much of the previous day trying to find out where Moop would be.

Today however she was shown how to hook up a Snail to a wagon and given the location in the mines to drop the cargo off at. On the wagon was a good load of newly forged picks shovels and a few lanterns and some oil for the lanterns.

"This Falabella Snail goes by the name Tomato. She may not be the fastest in the city but she's strong and will get ya were you need to go." The gnome that helped her said.

"All you got to do is take the reins like so and she'll follow. Easy, see?" He said as he took a rope attached to its harness and guided the snail forward. He than handed Vinsue the rope and had her lead the snail. A few small corrections later he gave an approving nod and sent her on her way. The walk to moops farm took less time than she thought it would as Tomato was easy to lead even if she easily got distracted by different plants along the way.

As Vinsue got close to what she hoped was Moops place she tied the snail to a fince post and adjusted her bag before walking up to the door and knocked on it.

Created by Moop!
Last edited by Vinsue on Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 340
Moop
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1131
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1405
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1173

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:44 pm

¤

It was late before Moop had gone to bed the night before. Having spent the night hurling rocks of bigger and bigger sizes she was quite fatigued, but felt as if the telekinesis itch had been scratched. She saw the fractals and stared into them longingly, so long she thought by the end she would go mad. It was restless sleep all night after this, she felt on edge, like she could have done better, but something told her if she continued she would become sick. Now back home previously, and when Moop initially arrived, her mother had asked her how she was progressing in her mentalism and was amazed at Moop telling her the size of rocks she had thrown with her mind. Indeed, her mother was disappointed that she hadn't done much with the emotional aspect but left her with one warning, overstepping, a mage's sickness that can kill even instantly. She gave no more advice than this even pressed, leaving Moop to wonder and mentally itch to test the limit.

She woke late that day and was in the kitchen getting a glass of bug-milk when she heard a knock at the door. No one else was home except Joop who was up in her room so Moop went to get the door herself. She would have bags around her eyes and look tired, but when she saw who was there she would break out into a huge grin, splaying her arms wide to offer a hug.
"It's so good to see you! You made it from Daravin as well? What brings you here, how were you able to find me?"
Questions poured out of her mouth and she felt a little less tired in that moment.

word count: 324
Vinsue

Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:14 pm

Vinsue held her breath as she waited for the door to open. Please let me be at the right place, she thought. When the door opened she let out the breath she was holding. A smile immediately grew as she saw the familiar face of Moop. She would spread her arms and take the hug before stepping back. So much had happened since they had last seen each other. Then came all the questions. “I’m so glad I found you. Was worried you would be off on some crazy adventure or that I might be at the wrong place.”

"I may have stumbled across someone that may have had something that you and Joop might find slightly interesting." She said with a smile. She had trouble standing still as her excitement showed. "And they may have given it to me so that I might give it to you." Her excitement was building and it took everything in her not to just blurt out what she had come across.
“It's not hard to find someone who goes to the academy. Apparently having very important research related to a certain topic that very few study is a great way to convince the academy to let me know where to find you. Though they were not sure you still lived here.” she looked back at the snail when she mentioned the school. “I figured I would personally deliver this special thing to you on my way to make a delivery to the mines. We have so much to catch up on. I wish I had the time to tell you everything. But I got a delivery to make” Vinsue said. She took the rolled up parchment out of her bag and handed it to Moop. This particular parchment would be a map that Moop had been looking for. “You may want to find Joop before you open that.”

Created by Moop!
word count: 354
Moop

Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:54 am

¤

"Some kind of adventure?"
She thought back to the time at the church, but bit her tongue. She hadn't yet used her powers or any abilities, though the pull from the magic was strong as well. She was frazzled to say the least and then when Vinsue handed her the piece of map it set her over the edge. When Moop realised what she was holding, carefully unrolling the scroll and saw a gnomish map of Daravin from years of old. She looked at Vinsue in the face for a long time before dashing away up the steps to grab her sister from her room.
"Stay there Vinsue, we'll come with you!"
She yelled on the way down.

After she departed the dog came to Vinsue's side, sniffing her hand gently and whining to be patted.
"That's DD, Moop's dog."
Said Joop, the pair had made it downstairs.
"Where are we going?"
She asked, looking over the map.
"Surely not here, we just got home a season ago. I would like to rest longer we spent so long lost and far away. It's such an honor to see you again Vinsue."
She would bow her head in gnomish way before heading out the door nose inside the map as she walked to the snail and waited there.

"You need to stay!"

Commanded Moop to the dog as she left the home, following Vinsue wherever she would lead the pair.
"Tell me more about how you got the map."
word count: 284
Vinsue

Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:32 pm

Vinsue watched excitedly as Moop figured out what she was holding. As she stared Vinsue simply smiled waiting for a reaction. Any reaction. But Moop just staired. When Moop dashed off Vinsue would wait patiently for her return. Quickly getting distracted by the dog. She would smile and pet it as she waited. "Well hi DD your such a good doggie. I did not know you all had a pet."

"We are going to make a quick delivery to the mines specifically where tunnel 113 intercepts tunnel 33 though I'm sure a well rounded team led by you and Moop will be going there soon."

"Honor to see you too." Vinsue would return the nod then go towards her snail. “This is Tomato and he is supposed to know where we are going.”

"Wow, where to start." She took the remains in her hand and started walking. “To tell ya how I got the map is a long story that requires a little more than the basic ‘this person gave me the map.’ answer” she began. She would grow quiet as she tried to remember. “It all started because a bird gave me a letter. A letter promising to help cure my fears. A letter to a simple masquerade.” she would give a hump at that. As this particular masquerade was anything but simple. “I went to the dance just to become one of the few chosen to help take down Dahlia, Who had drugged over half the party. Then they attacked us.” she again stopped talking for dermatic effect.

The snail seemed to know where it was going and so Vinsue let it lead the way.

“That's where I met Aurelio, the guy that in the end gave me the map. Anyways Dahlia took one of the guys to be tortured and questioned. But we were not going to let that happen. In the process I gained a Mark of controle. After a long while we rescued the lad and killed both Dahlia and her evil sister. Not long after Aurelio gave the map to me to give to you.”

Created by Moop!
word count: 390
Moop

Thu May 18, 2023 8:41 pm

¤

"A trip to the mines! Let's go!"
Moop, Joop, and the hound all got in the cart as Vinsue grabbed the reigns and led the way. As Vinsue told the tale Moop listened, feeling the itch of wanting to toss a rock. She had a hard time listening but Joop was listening with complete rapt attention. Joop said,
"You met Aurelio? As did we, surly man. He lead us to the wastes and abandoned us there. I'm interested, you said a mark of control? Fascinating Vinsue! Tell us more, what can you do? Is it a secret? But that is to say, I'm sorry this all happened to you. Drugged, tortured? This is awful. I'm glad you are okay?"
She asked the last question looking to Moop, who was now paying more attention with her sister's questions in her head. Moop missed the pointed look with the mention of secrets-- bubbling up with conversation of her own.
"Mine is a secret. Vinsue, can you keep something a secret? And I promise I never used it on you. I don't really, uh, do that much I mostly just toss rocks. Errr.... I may have already said too much. You say he gave it to you to give to me? What a nice parting gift. I'm not sure how I feel about him, but I'm glad he helped in the end."
DD was being a very good boy with his head on Vinsue's lap as she drove the snail towards the mines. He wanted more scritches and pats from her, dearly!

word count: 298

Return to “Cauern Wulds”