Moderators: Architect, Staff

Kotoru
Character Sheet: https://ranserarp.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=94
Plot Notes: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=351
Character Secrets: https://ransera.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=220

Sat May 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Any and all mail no matter the context should be submitted here
word count: 12
☵ Sometimes it's not the people that change, its just their mask that falls off ☵
Linden

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 pm

Ash 78, Year 117, Age of Steel

Greetings Kotoru Hattori,

I'm not sure if you remember me, but we met on the train with the bounty you were hunting for. Oh, probably help you if I told you my name to help you instead of going off like you should know when I obviously stated you may not remember me. And I apologize for all this scribble before this.

What I wanted to say was, my name is Linden Asmund and I wish to thank you and your family for the gracious hospitality that was shown me. I'm sure coming with me to the library for hours must be boring and visiting the clinic equally so. Nonetheless I am grateful since I could tell you are a very busy man.

Oh! The gardens you shown me so I can get sketches of them were incredibly helpful as well. I hope to plan a trip during Glade, with permission from you and your family of course, to come visit again in hopes to watch the cycle of a few of the plants. One of the gardeners were extremely helpful and gave me a timeline on their sprouting so I can cross reference the textbooks with real time to write in my own books.

Of course I am not going there solely for research and other educational endeavors! Please, I hope I did not come across like that and I apologize if it seems like I am. The culture of your region is wonderful and I hope to know more and possibly join you, if they are not private, for one of them.

Likewise, I would like to invite you and your family to Atinaw someday. I live in Raellon and if you all do not mind a trek I can gladly take you to visit all the different clans as we explore each specialty that they are known for. Of course, can't forget about our Capital Álfsós. I know the perfect inn for you to stay at where their food is divine as well as their ale and mead.

Before I forget, enclosed in this letter is a little envelope with some dried, powdered mustard to make a mustard plaster. I do ask that you do not open it too close to your face as I am not sure how your facial orifices will appreciate a burning sensation.

Mustard Plaster:

2-3 spoonfuls of mustard
3-4 spoonfuls of flour
Enough water to form a paste

Instruction:

Mix and and spread around the entire wrist. To get the best possible results from a mustard plaster, apply right after twenty to thirty minutes of icing and leave the plaster on for about 20 minutes twice a day.

Not sure if you remember, but during a sparring session before I left you injured yourself and I know how important your duties are. Using your sword requires your wrist to be strong to ensure there is enough force to cut through your enemies or to be able to block without faltering.

Again, thank you and your family for everything. Hope to maintain contact with you if feasible.

Sincerely,

Linden Asmund

word count: 554

Return to “Letters”