Moderators: Architect, Staff

Sola
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=2365
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2373

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:34 am

M U T A T I O N - R E Q U E S T

Details
Introduction:
Theme: Emotional Dominance. Luna's use of mentalism is almost entirely focused on manipulating people's emotions and her mutations reflect that.

Apprentice:
Luna’s emotions rubs off on those she’s speaking to. This only works on one person at a time and she has to be within touching distance from her. So, if Luna is happy the person she’s speaking to will start to feel slightly happy as well. The effects are weak but it makes it so stimulating that emotion is easier. The drawback is that Luna can’t turn this off. So, if she’s happy and wants to make someone sad, it actually hurts her efforts.

Journeyman:
Luna's emotional manipulation is most often used on one person at a time. Because of this her emotional manipulation becomes more effective with eye contact and less effective without it.

Expert:
When Luna manipulates someone's mural, she can add herself to their mural so that the thought of her persists for long periods of time. For example, she could cause someone to think of her and associate her with an emotion of her choosing. This has similar drain and duration as an Obelisk.

Master:
Having specialized in the manipulative side of Mentalism, Luna is able to perform Apprehend and Unravel with increased efficiency and is unlikely to overstep when using these abilities, though unfavorable circumstances can still push her to her limits. The drawback is that she has difficulty performing the combat-oriented master level abilities. Even one usage of those abilities is enough to put Luna on the edge of overstepping.
Last edited by Sola on Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 316
Mimi Pidders
Site Admin

Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:41 pm

I'm not sure I'm seeing a cohesion to these mutations. I think they would benefit from an underlying thematic write-up, and the inclusion of a paragraph or two on what the theme is, how it developed, and how it manifests. Once there's a thematic center, I think evaluating each mutation and how they cohere will be the next step. I'd encourage you to resubmit.

You can use the Mutation template that's stickied in the template thread, but you included the basics of the information I'd look for anyhow and your post was legible, so I'm not fussed about its absence.
word count: 108
Sola
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=2365
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2373

Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:12 pm

how does it look now?
word count: 5

Return to “Support Forum”