Arkash
Character Sheet: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=745
Plot Notes: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=873
Character Secrets: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=760

Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:21 am

P L O T - R E Q U E S T

Details
Introduction:
So a little while back I requested this plot: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2550 Which was denied because it involves a world-altering event that was dropped 16 months ago. In this plot request, I detailed Arkash reaching out to Brilan Ald to establish an alliance, he would avenge Degare with her help in exchange for the mark of lucence. I would still like to pursue this plot but without the addition of the long-dead chronomancy plot.

Outline:
I talked with Shane about Degare's fate when I was deciding whether or not to come back to the site and expressed it was bullshit that I had to pretend that a huge part of Arkash's life didn't exist and asked him for solid closure on Degare's disappearance. Shane told me that Degare was executed for possession of blood magic.

So, I've had Arkash discover that Degare is dead in the two threads below:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2748
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2764

I would like to include one of my NPCs in this plot as the individual responsible for Degare's discovery as a Vandikar and subsequently his execution:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1425

Arkash has a tumultuous relationship with this NPC, and being rid of Degare would have been done as a means of isolating and weakening Arkash.

The next steps in this plot would be for Arkash or his Allies to do more investigating to discover how it was that Degare came undone, and who it was that ordered and performed his execution.

After learning the names of everyone involved, Arkash will seek the aid of Brilan Ald as he believes his mark of lucence to be a hefty bargaining chip and wouldn't be able to kill a government official of that stature without her support.

What comes next really depends on how the thread with brilan Ald goes and I will request subsequent plots based on the outcome.

Requested Rewards:
I would like Arkash to be recognized as an official ally of the Silver Ring, and prove himself as a worthwhile resource for Brilan Ald.

Plot Moderation:
I don't think I'm allowed to write as Brilan Ald given that she's a thrice-ascended lich and the Treveyn of Amoren. I don't have a directory of which moderators and admins are on hiatus and I haven't seen any staff activity in weeks so I'm not sure if there is anyone to play her, but I'll accept whatever I can get.

Community Benefit:
Later parts of the plot may be open for Arkash's allies and enemies to participate in, but Luna is really the only person aware of what Arkash is up to at this point in time. She is welcome to investigate on Arkash's behalf, and if successful, join Arkash in his visit to Brilan.

Effect on Atharen:
A master blood mage and dranoch cardinal will join the Silver Ring, and the most powerful mage on Atharen will be granted a Lucence.

Plot NPCs:

Raphael

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1425 - with the addition of blood magic, which Arkash initiated him in last year

Brilan Ald

viewtopic.php?p=353#p353

Pierre Durand

The son of some other Entente, moved into Degare's estate and encountered Arkash when he tried to break into the estate. Arkash bought his freedom by revealing his mark of lucence and offering his services in exchange for his release. Arkash will continue to try and garner information on the local authority of Boghadar as well as the events that lead to Degare's death from him.

word count: 681
Mimi Pidders
Site Admin

Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:45 pm

I agree with you on principle, here: Arkash had an interesting relationship with Degare and it's jarring to just pretend none of that happened because the man himself vanished. I'm not sure I really feel qualified to weigh in on the specifics of this plot, however. All of these NPCs are from before I joined the site, so I'll need to work with Tyranny on the specifics of this plot.
word count: 73

Return to “Support Forum”